You may have heard the name “PPSSPP – PSP Emulator” from your friend with an Android device or from a source on somewhere on the internet. With PPSSPP, you can play PSP games at high definition with extra features.
You can play all the PlayStation Portable games on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, however; you will require a PSP emulator to do so.
You should know that PSP and other retro games emulators are not available on Apple Play store due to various reasons and restrictions.
Introduction to PPSSPP | PSP Emulator
PPSSPP is the original and best PSP emulator available for the iOS platform. It is one of the most popular PSP emulators of the iOS platform. You may be thinking, “Does it need jailbreaking to work”? One of the reasons we do not like jailbreaking our smartphone is that it voids the warranty on our device.
Jailbreaking can also damage the security of your device. It is recommended not to jailbreak your device unless you know about it. So, the question arises again: “Do PPSSPP work on a non jailbroken device”? The answer is yes. PPSSPP can also be used on a non jailbroken device too.
However, it works more efficiently on a jailbroken iOS device. If you are a non jailbroken user, then we have stated below in the article: “how to download PPSSPP on a non jailbroken iOS 12 device?”.
PPSSPP is the only PSP emulator available for an iOS device. Henrik Rydgard created it in 2012. However, the iOS version of this emulator is managed by many talented developers. If you do not know what a PSP is, then you can read the next paragraph to find out.
PSP stands for PlayStation Portable. It is a handheld gaming console that was developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is known to be part of the seventh generation of gaming consoles. PSP was known to be the most powerful gaming console when it was introduced.
Compatibility of PPSSPP – PSP Emulator:
PPSSPP is compatible with all these versions of iOS:
- iOS 5(all version)
- iOS 6(all version)
- iOS 7(all version)
- iOS 8(all version)
- iOS 9(all version)
- iOS 10(all version)
- iOS 11
- iOS 12
These are all the versions supported by PPSSPP – PSP Emulator. The iOS devices that support PPSSPP are iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone X.
Let’s have a quick look at some of the features offered by PPSSPP.
Top Features of PPSSPP
- The user interface of PPSSPP is simple and elegant.
- It is easy to navigate through the app and use it.
- It supports all versions of the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- You can play any PSP game on your iOS device with the help of PPSSPP emulator. It lets you play PSP games for free.
- You can customize the graphics of the game with the help of PPSSPP.
- It supports multiple UI languages.
- You can use cheats in the game with PPSSPP.
- You can also save and load stated with PPSSPP.
- Jailbreak is not necessary to install PPSSPP on your iOS device.
These are some of the amazing features offered by PPSSPP – PSP Emulator. You will get to know more about them while using PPSSPP yourself.
Now, let’s find out how to install PPSSPP on your iOS device.
How to install PPSSPP on iOS 12 Device
The best thing about PPSSPP is that it supports iOS devices with version 12. You can easily download it on your iOS device. Follow the tutorial below to install PPSSPP on your iOS 12 device.
We are going to demonstrate tutorials for non jailbroken users. It is quite easy to install PPSSPP on a jailbroken iOS device. You can use Cydia impactor to download PPSSPP on your smartphone.
Follow the tutorial below to install PPSSPP on your non jailbroken iOS 12 device.
We will use Emus4u installer to install PPSSPP on our iOS 12 device. Emus4u is one of the best third party app installer that lets you download tweaked, modded, paid apps and games for free on your iOS device. You can run App valley works on a non jailbroken device. Let’s first learn how to install Emus4u on your iOS device. Follow the steps below:
- Open Safari web browser on your iOS device. Another browser won’t work with the installation of Emus4u.
- Go to “https://google.com” and search for “Emus4u iOS.”
- Now, open the official website of Emus4u from the search result.
- Click on the “Install” option.
- You may have to click on “allow” and “install” multiple times.
Emus4u will be installed on your iOS device. However, you won’t be able to open it. To open it, go to Settings> General> Device Management and trust the developer of the Emus4u. Now, let’s learn how to install PPSSPP on your iOS device.
- Open Emus4u on your iOS 12 device.
- Go to the search bar and search for “PPSSPP.”
- Open the app from the search result and click on “Get.”
PPSSPP will be installed on your iOS device. However, you have to trust the developer of PPSSPP to open it. Go to Settings> General> Device Management and look for the developer of the PPSSPP. Trust the certificate of PPSSPP. Done! You will be able to open PPSSPP on your iOS device. Enjoy playing games on your iOS device.