If you are an iOS user, once in your lifetime you may have wished to download apps from a third-party source. Downloading paid and cracked apps for free is not possible through the Apple app store. Jailbreaking is the only option that can be done to have access to third-party apps. If you have heard of jailbreak then you must have heard of Cydia and its applications.
Cydia helps you install apps on your iOS device from third party sources. If you have heard of Cydia then you may have heard of Cydia Impactor. Not everyone likes jailbreaking their iOS device, as it exposes your iPhone to multiple security threats. Is there any app that lets you unjailbreak your device after jailbreaking it? Yes, there is one.
Cydia Impactor is a utility app that is used to delete jailbreak as well as remove Cydia from your iOS device. It is also known as Cydia Eraser. Cydia Impactor new update also helps Android users to root their devices. Cydia Impactor also allows you to install .ipa files from third party sources. Let’s have a look at some of the features offered by Cydia Impactor.
Features of Cydia Impactor
- The user interface of Cydia Impactor is simple and elegant.
- You can also use Cydia Impactor to root your Android device. You can even root an Android 2.3 version into the Android 5.0 version. The rooting process through Cydia Impactor is simple. You will need a computer to root your device.
- You can bridge the connection between your computer and smartphone through Cydia Impactor.
- You can lock and unlock the bootloader of your device with Cydia Impactor.
- You get an inbuilt USB driver with Cydia Impactor.
These are some of the basic features offered by the app. You will get to know more while using the app yourself.
As we had a look on the features offered by Cydia Impactor. Now it is time to find out how can you download the app on your iOS device. We will show you 2 ways to download Cydia Impactor on your iOS device.
Cydia Alternative – Golden Cydia Store
Method 1: How to download Cydia Impactor for iOS? (Browser Method)
Follow the steps below to download Cydia Impactor on your iOS device.
- Open Safari Browser.
- Go to the address bar and type “Cydia Impactor” and tap on done.
- Now, you will see the Cydia Impactor website on the top of the search. Click on it.
- Locate the download button and click on it.
This is the first method used to download the Cydia Impactor on your iOS device. Now, let’s have a look at the second method. We recommend you to use the 2nd method.
Method 2: How to download Cydia Impactor for iOS? (Repo)
It’s easy to download Cydia Impactor on your iOS device using this method. Downloading Cydia Impactor on your iOS device is completely free. You can easily remove jailbreak from your device using Cydia Impactor. Follow the steps below to download and install Cydia Impactor on your iOS device.
- Open Cydia Store App on your Jailbreak iOS device. Click on the sources at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, Click on ‘Edit’ then ‘Add’.
- Now, on Repo Source a screen will appear asking you to add the source. Add URL “http://apt.saurik.com/beta/eraser-10.1/” in the box. Click on ‘Add’.
- Now, update the Cydia Sources list and locate the sources you have entered before.
- Now, You have to Trust the certificate of the app to launch the app on your device.
- Go to Settings> General Settings> Profile and Device Management. Now, look for the file and click on it to trust it.
You have successfully installed Cydia Impactor on your iOS device. Open the app from the list of the apps on your iOS device.
Now, some of you may be wondering how to use the app to erase jailbreak from your iOS device. Follow the article ahead to find out.
How to use Cydia Impactor on your iPhone and iPad
Before we begin make sure to backup all of your important data. Doing this process will result in the deletion of all of your data. After backing up your important data follow the steps below to erase Jailbreak from your iOS device.
- Open Cydia Impactor or Cydia Eraser and click on “Erase All Data”.
- Now locate the “Unjailbreak Device” option and click on it. Now, Click on “Erase all data” to confirm the unjailbreaking process.
- Now, the jailbreak removing process will begin, it will take around 15-25 minutes. Make sure to plug your iOS device into a charger. As it is the safest way to do this process or else you may brick your device.
- Your iOS device will be rebooted many times during the process.
- Now, finally, after 20-25 minutes, you will get a welcome message. This means the jailbreak removal process has been successfully completed.
- Now, enter your Apple ID and Password to set up your iOS device.
Enjoy having a new experience on your non-jailbroken iOS device.